What is the I'M IN Commitment?
The I'M IN Commitment clarifies the responsibilities of membership at Ringgold Church. Membership is less about rights and privileges and more about our shared responsibility to fulfill the Great Commission and Great Commandment together.
The I'M IN Commitment reads as follows…
I'm a FOLLOWER of Jesus. Wherever He leads, I'll go. I know following Jesus will not always be easy, but I believe what the Bible teaches and want to live my life as it instructs. I'm COMMITED to God's Word. In the Bible, I see that Jesus loved and served others, so I want to follow His example and be a SERVANT who loves where I am. Because of who he is and what He's done, I know God deserves all glory, so I want to live as a WORSHIPER, giving every moment, talent, and gifts back to Him. But I know I can't do this alone. Sharing the love of Jesus takes unified effort. We are stronger as a church family. We are in this TOGETHER. And so that is why I'M IN.
Therefore I will...
3. I will serve the ministry of my church.
- By discovering my gifts and talents
- By being equipped to serve by my pastors
- By developing a servant’s heart
4. I will support the testimony of my church.
- By attending faithfully
- By living a godly life
- By giving regularly
1. I will protect the unity of my church.
- By acting in love toward other members
- By refusing to gossip
- By following the leaders
2. I will share the responsibility of my church.
- By praying for its growth
- By inviting the unchurched to attend
- By warmly welcoming those who visit